It’s not uncommon for multiple issues to be related, but finding the root cause and how they relate to each other is challenging.
This makes it difficult to understand the full impact of the incident and leads to wasted time investigating similar issues.
Also, being aware that a colleague is already looking into an issue (or nobody is!) is not straightforward.
Improving your incident management workflows.
Together with some customers, we’ve been rebuilding incident management to help you better understand:
- Which data products, owners, and BI dashboards are affected.
- How multiple issues relate to one another and the potential root cause.
- Who’s working on it, and what’s its resolution status.
We’ll release our new Incident Management beta version in the next few weeks. Let us know if you’re interested in taking it for a spin before then.
Add descriptions to your data products
We added an optional description field so you can share more details about your products. It supports markdown, too.
Bugs and improvements
- Fixed the broken type filter in monitor settings.
- Fixed the dropdown menu for slack handles in Owners that was being rendered in the background.
- Deleted or inactive monitors were still showing as active and reporting stale data. We don’t believe in ghosts, so we fixed that.
- We made improvements under the hood to make the app faster.
- You no longer land on the unnecessary sign-in page when signing in. Instead, you’ll go straight to entering your credentials via Auth0.
- The back arrows in our navigation bar were inconsistent and confusing to some customers. We got rid of them. You can use the breadcrumbs at the top to know where you are in the app.